Vegan Ravioli and Vodka Sauce
Serves 8 to 10
- 2 9oz. kite hill Mushroom Ricotta Ravioli
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 14oz packet of soft tofu
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 28 oz. can roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- basil or parsley, optional Instructions
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onion and diced tomatoes for about five minutes, until brown and softened.
- Stir in crushed salt, tomatoes and vodka. Bring the saucepan to a simmer on a medium-low heat. Continue simmering for another 15 minutes or till sauce thickens and the alcohol has cooked off.
- Meanwhile, blend cashews, tofu and broth with a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cashew mix into the saucepan, stir well and let the sauce cook for about 3 minutes. Add basil or parsley. Black pepper to taste.
- Cook ravioli according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Coat the pasta with sauce and serve hot. You may also freeze the extra sauce.