Coconut pumpkin curry soup
- 2 cups of diced pumpkin
- 2 cups of mushroom broth
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp curry power
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachio nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of red chili
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup of sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 tbsp sliced green onions
- 1 cup bak choy or any of your favorite vegetables.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil leaves, pistachio nuts and red chili to garnish
- In a medium pot, on medium heat, heat up the olive oil and add in garlic, ginger, curry power, pistachio nuts basil leaves and red chili. Sauté till ingredients are fragrant and light brown in color.
- Add mushrooms, pumpkin and broth to the pot and bring the heat up to high. Let the soup cook for another 5 minutes or so. You may also set aside some mushroom pieces for garnish.
- Pour soup mix into a high speed blender and blend till ingredients till it has a smooth and creamy texture.
- Serve hot and garnish basil, pistachio nuts and chilli.