Spicy Thai Quinoa Salad
I am a sucker for a quick and easy salad, that is completely satisfying. This salad is so healthy for the body and keeps my cravings in check. Serve warm or cold, either ways it is YUMMYYY!
Makes for 2 person
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 dried kaffir lime leaves
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of low sodium vegetable stock
- ¼ teaspoon of dried Thai chili powder
- 1 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- To make the dressing. - Put all the ingredients in a blender and emulsify ingredients well.
- Put quinoa and vegetable stock in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Let it simmer, till stock is almost absorbed. It usually takes about 15 minutes or so for quinoa to cook.
- Add dressing to cooked quinoa. Mix in the chopped tomatoes and dried chili powder. Toss well. Topped salad with avocado.
- Serve and enjoy.